Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This post is for Monday, Tuesday and some of Wednesday.
Monday was a day of expectation of the meds that will arrive on Tuesday. Jeri went to IHC for a blood draw on the order of Dr. Litton and we called his office to tell them the deed was done and they acted like they never knew of the order. When I told them it was ordered by Dr. Litton they acted like I was drafted and I never could get them to give me any information. A few minutes went by and then I got a phone call and the female on the other end asked if I remembered that I had called and I answered "of course". It was like she thought I was retarded, and nobody called and told us the results of the tests. Needles to say I was very concerned about the medical care Jeri was getting; this is just the opposite of the care we get from the Out Patient Clinic. However, we did get a call from Jessica telling us that the Thalidomide had been sent from Montana and would be here before noon tomorrow. The rest of the day was used up thinking of Dr. Litton's office and the arrival of the meds.

Tuesday the meds arrived about eleven-thirty and Jeri opened the package and found 28 capsules of Thalidomide and a statement that the cost of $4900.00, which is over $175.00 each, it is a good thing Jessica knew how to get us some help. Jeri read the directions and discovered she was to take the pills an hour and a half after she had eaten a meal and at bed time, which she did; I hope it does it's job. I do know it made Jeri sleepy and she went to sleep shortly after she retired to bed.

Wednesday morning Jeri is very groggy and is having a hard time awaking; It is ten-thirty and she is just know eating her breakfast, and she is doing some exercising as she eats. It is my prayer that this medication does it's job and it starts rather quickly. Jeri is making noises that she wants to go shopping today but we shall see how that works out as the day gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment