Sunday, August 9, 2009

Today was a busy day for me, and for Jeri. A few days ago Jason asked me if I would give his new daughter a name and a blessing and of course it was my pleasure. Terry was to pick me up about ten and leave for Jason's about ten-thirty but he started talking to his mom and it was shortly after eleven when we left Bountiful. When we arrived at Jason's there were a lot of people there. We waited for many minutes and finally Jason tried to call the Bishop so we could do the blessing but the Bishop didn't answer so Jason went next door and the man there called the church, and that was when Jason discovered that the bishop had forgotten so he quickly arrived at Jason's; it was only a block or so that he had to travel. Shortly thereafter the ordinance took place and I was the mouth for the naming and blessing of the new babe. It has been over 40 years since I have blessed a new baby, which means Scott was the last one it did. This little girl was given the name of Adyson Joan Warner and then I gave her a blessing. Jason and Rachel seemed pleased with the events and thanked me for my service. When their first girl was born they had Rachel's grandfather to the blessing and he died 9 months later and she thought it was Jason's family's turn and she hopes I don't die in 9 months.lol We stayed and visited for a while and then all of the family from Montana, except Joe and Ryal who are building a house, came to our place to visit Grandma, who was not able to go with me. I will be at the doctor's tomorrow about 3:00 to see about my ear; I'm going to tell him that at the very least he has to save the ear lobe so I can wear the diamond stud that my grand kids are going to buy for me.:) It didn't take nearly as long to write it as it did to do it.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you were able to do it, and it better not be 9 months! Hey, you better keep the ear because we have already bought the diamond! lol

    ReplyDelete