Saturday, August 29, 2009

The day before yesterday, that would be Thursday, Jeri had an appointment with Dr. Litton, while we were waiting to be called into the inner sanctum a couple that looked rather familiar so Lee arose and looked at the name they had written on the paper and it was Ron and Joan Anderson that used to live on Colorado Street just north of Rod Anderson. Joan was there to see Dr. Litton; she had breast cancer a few years ago and it went into remission for five years and has now come back so she was there for more treatment. When we got into the cubical Dr. Litton was talking to Jeri and for some reason he rolled his chair around and happened to look at me and said; "whoa, what happened to your ear?" I told him and he wanted a little info and was then back to Jeri. After a fairly long conversation he suggested that Jeri be admitted to the hospital and received two units of blood and some saline, however that never started until late. They started the saline shortly after she was admitted but the blood was started very late and wasn't finished before 4:00 am.
I arose very early yesterday and fooled around until about seven-thirty. When I arrived Jeri was doing well; that is what having red blood cells in your system will do for you. Some time after noon, Bruce the PA came in and talked to Jeri and told her they were going to release her this afternoon, which caused Jeri to be happy. After an hour or more they had her ready to to home; I took the long way home because she hates being on the Freeway. Jeri had a great afternoon and I believe it was mostly because of the blood but also because of statements that her "numbers" were good.
This morning I arose early and had the water on the strip of grass and soaked it for almost two hours and then I soaked the corner; I think I am doing a really good job with the strip but do need some help on the other lawns. Jeri has done well today but it is almost time for her dose of Thelidomide, which will send her to La la Land for 12 plus hours; it is my hope that she has a good night and and a great day tomorrow. Oh, I called Dave Wewee this evening and talked to his wife for a few minutes; it was good to talk to some friends from East Canyon, she said nothing has changed from last year, which I was expecting. Stay tuned for more of the saga of the Old Warners'.

No comments:

Post a Comment