Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Monday: Jeri had a blood draw for her INR test; it was 1.6 so she will be back on a slow climb into the 2-to-3 range. We also went shopping at Smiths for some leggings to see if Jeri can stay warm and then we bought some ice so she could always have a cold drink, and we did buy some some bottles of fruit juice for her to drink.
Tuesday: we went to Kirkham's; at Jeri's insistence so I could buy a pair of Chaco shoes that helped Lee with her foot problem. We had a discussion and I didn't want to buy a pair unless I was sure they would help my left foot, which has had a callus for over two years but she was adamant that I was going to get a pair; so 70 plus dollars later I walked out of the store with a pair of shoes. I hope they work and I am sure time will tell us for sure. We then went to Lee's and told her that 'they' had a sale, 25% off, on these shoes. I think she will get some. While we were there the Philbricks' came over to see how Jeri is doing; they are very interesting people to talk to.
Wednesday: I had an appointment to get the stitches out of my ear so I motored up to 20th South and 9th East and had the job done. There was a woman there that had a Basil Cell taken form her nose; she said it was down to the bone and they had to do some skin grafting to cover the hole they made in her nose; just when you think you are the only one with some problem some one comes along and makes your problems look small. The last few days the temperature's have been in the mid 90s, I'll be glad when when it cools off several degrees. Tomorrow Jeri has an appointment with her oncologist. I hope he can give her some energy; it seems to me that she could recover and get better quicker if she had some energy. But then what do I know about these things?

2 comments:

  1. Poor grams always being cold. Have her come down her and she will be sure to be warm! Wow, you guys area at cool temps in teh 90s! I can't wait to hit those digits! lol

    How is your ear feeling? Was it too painful having the stitches taken out? Hope the shoes help! Love you and chat with you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad about mom having these swings in INR/PTT...I wish that I could take that on for her so she didn't have to deal with it! Glad to hear that you were able to get the stitches out...I'm sure that the doc said that everything is healing otherwise you would have told us about it?
    Lastly, you should send me an email telling me how much I should send to you for the payment...:)

    ReplyDelete