Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There were a few things that were done today that was very good. Shortly after noon Jeri was wheeled away to get the ports implanted into her veins so a kidney dialysis could be done. After some time she was back in the room and soon they had the dialysis machine hooked up to her and about two hours later the procedure was completed and tomorrow they are going to do a two-and-a-half hour one and then the next day they are going to do a three hour procedure. I think Jeri felt better after the procedure. She has felt much better today than yesterday and that could be because she didn't have and problems with her heart. Tomorrow they are going to implant a permanent pace maker, which she will have for the rest of her life. My mom had one for a very long time; I estimated that she had hers about 20 years but they had to put a new one in a few years before she died. After the dialysis was complete the cancer people came in and gave her a dose of chemo. When I left about six; they get rid of all visitors at six and I can't get back in until tomorrow morning after eight o'clock AM. I was surprised of all of the things that were accomplished today after witnessing the lack of accomplishment of yesterday and the day before that. I hope tomorrow is as good a day, in every respect, as it was today. I have my final visit with my ear doctor tomorrow at two-thirty and I am sure that everything is better than OK.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that they were quick about getting her taken care of yesterday. I am also glad that she is feeling better. Good luck with your ear doctor today. Hope all it well. I love you!

    ReplyDelete