Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This morning was an usual morning for Jeri but not for me. I went to Dr. Rassmussen and he fried several places on my face and the back of my neck, with liquid Nitrogen, and cut out a piece of my left jaw skin to send it for an biopsy; he told me he wants to see me every three months, which is a big difference from the twice-a-year that I used to do. I hope it is negative so I don't have to have it cut out. When I got back to the hospital Jeri was through with her Dialysis session and it took her a couple of hours to shake off the side-effects of the treatment and then she had a fairly good afternoon. Dr. Litton told us that her kidneys are getting better and he thinks it not the Dialysis but that the chemo is starting to have some effect on the Myeloma, which would be a very good thing.
Neil, the case worker, told us that he thought everything would be in place to move Jeri to the South Davis Rehab Center in a couple of days, which would be a big step forward for Jeri; and a great big deal for me to have my sweetheart closer to home. Dr. Stevens came in to see Jeri this afternoon; what a great person he is. I think he is as fine a human being as any one I know! It is my prayer tonight that she has a great night and has a better day every day in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Gramps! I am sooooo sorry about your skin! :*( I wish you didn't have to do that. I will pray that it comes back negative and you don't have to have anything cut out again. I am glad that grams will be moving soon. I hope that she is feeling better and getting a little bit more energy each day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay, Kido; tell James how happy we are that he did so well at Bostar, if that is the way it is spelled. We hope that all of the good things you want happens, if it is what would be best for you. We love you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I will let him know. :) He gets home on Saturday. Kiss grams for me. Love you....the kids say hi! (all of the time! lol)

    ReplyDelete