Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I kinda slept in this morning; I didn't get outa bed until after seven, after all I can't get in the hospital until eight so what's the hurry? I arrived at the hospital at eight and got right in the room and nothing was going on and I do mean nothing. About nine someone came in and said that they would be taking Jeri down for the pace maker thing about eleven, and I said to my self, ya right! About noon they said it would be around three and at one-thirty I said to myself and to others, do you think if I am early to the doctor's office I will get back here early and then I said to myself, self it won't hurt to try so off I go and am at the Doctor's office just at two o'clock and in about five seconds I was called to go back to the exam room. Dr. Hanson came in and looked at my ear and said it was doing really good but continue with the Vaseline for another week. and I was outa his office pronto and was back at the hospital about three and Jeri was getting her pace maker installed. So I decided that this would be a good time to have lunch so I and Kevin went to the cafeteria and had lunch and I once again had the some thing. My idea is; if it is good today it will be good tomorrow. When we got back from eating Jeri was in the recovering room so we had to wait again. I think it was about four when I and Kevin and Becky was allowed to go visited with Jeri. She thought she was in heaven; she could drink water and eat real food, which is the first time since last night at midnight. When we walked into her room they were hooking her up to the dialysis machine and of course Kevin was getting filled in on how the machine worked. After about an hour they were pulling blood from her body running it through the machine and then pumping it back in the body and that process will for two and a half hours. Jeri really looked good and the pacer was doing it's job just like it is supposed to. Just before six Lee and I left, which left Jeri and the pros to keep things going. It is my prayer that this will be the last time she will have to have some surgery! And I am hopeful that after the kidneys get cleaned out; the Myeloma will start responding to the chemo and then her body will begin to heal. As I finish this tome it is 7:25 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment