Thursday, September 10, 2009

It has been several days since I brought this blog up to date so here goes. Jeri has had a fairly good week, I didn't say she had a really good week, so here it is in a nut shell. Last night was not a good night for her, she got up and about midnight and spent several hours in the front room and when she came back to bed I could tell that some thing was wrong and I was glad she had an appointment at Dr. Litton's office. We arrived there about two PM and was rather quickly in an exam room. The out come of the conversation was that Jeri needed some more help with the chemo so he gave her a new regime to go along with the other; this regime is an intravenous thing, and I can't remember the name right now but I shall get that later. It takes about 30 minutes every Monday and Friday for two weeks then skips a week and then is back on it for the next two weeks and then skips a week; I think you have the picture by now. He said this would not make her sick. She needs this chemo to get the Myeloma under control so her kidneys will function better. I think she is glad to get this thing going, and of course she is still doing the pill chemo stuff as well. I am hopeful that in a short time we will see some improvement in her energy and that she will be able to get some more red blood cells in her system, and they gave her another shot to help improve that also. I shall give more information tomorrow; I promise but that is all for tonight. After all it is eleven o'clock and I need my sleep for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment