Friday, September 25, 2009

I went to the hospital shortly after eight and visited with Jeri until about eleven; that is when they came to pick up Jeri and take her for her Friday Dialysis. They took her in a transporting van and she was ready to start her treatment by noon, which is the time she planned on. While that was going on I went home and fetched some things that she wanted and needed, and of course I had to make a couple of trips and then it wasn't a 100% correct, so I will have to get some things together tomorrow morning. After the Dialysis, she was wiped out. When we got back to the hospital Jeri's new roommate was being placed in the other bed, which wasn't what Jeri wanted to see because she thought the new person might want the drape between them to be drawn shut, which would have blocked Jeri's view out of the window but when I asked the lady if she cared if the drape was pulled she said no, so I pushed the drape back so Jeri could get the daylight and the view from the window, which made her more content. I think this lady is about 70 years old and in our conversation she said I reminder her of her husband; I asked her if he was alive and she said no and started to shed some tears; it is tough to be really sick and be without your mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment