Saturday, September 26, 2009

I sleep in this morning; I didn't wake up until almost 8:00 am and then I had to clean up and get ready for the day. When I arrived at the hospital Jeri told me that the family of her new room mate was there and some of them said they were really sick and had a fever and wondered if they could even make. So I went to the Charge Nurse and insisted that she should have a private room because of her cancer and then brought it to their attention that when she gets her chemo everyone had to 'mask up' and that put them into gear and said they would get a private room as soon as they could, which means maybe Monday. Her room mate was calling the aids all night and Jeri didn't get much sleep.
Even with this she had a fairly good day; Mike and Patrice visited mid-morning and they said she was going to have a good day, because Patrice's parents always had a good day after Dialysis. Jayci came and gave Jeri a pedicure and even asked if I wanted one but I declined. At noon-thirty I went to the cafeteria and had the meal they fix and there is very little else to eat except what they have every week on that day. It was fairly good, but not as good as the fare at IMC (Intermountain Medical Center) and is more expensive. Lee, Logan, Abby and Jaxan came to see Jeri, but after the kids said hello they went with Cliff while Lee stayed for a while.
Jeri had a new therapist, which knew how to help her do her exercise with out getting really 'light headed', however as she was finishing her walk she got faint so they took her blood pressure and it was too low; which made Jeri's point that she can only do so much, however, she did make the tour of the hall, which is something new. It appears to me that she is getting stronger but maybe not as fast as 'they' want it to be but I say I am content with baby steps and so is she. The fact that BYU won the football game didn't hurt her spirits any.

No comments:

Post a Comment