Friday, April 9, 2010

I finally got my 10 year old computer working like a teenager; in fact my 24 year old grandson, that would be Judd, fixed for me this evening. It is wonderful to have family that can do the things I can't do.
Jeri had a some good days since I wrote on my blog, and some days that were not so good. The not so good days started on Wednesday; we had to be to dialysis before eight so she could be at St. Mark's Hospital at noon, and everything was going ok until we were at St. Mark's. Jeri was there to get a new fistula on her left arm. 'They' put her on a gurney and left her there for over five and a half hours until I walked to the nurse's station when the head nurse saw me she said "are you still here" and of course I said yes, and that Jeri needed a different bed unless they were going to take her to surgery now so they put her on a really soft bed, which helped Jeri a lot. The nurse called the operation room and she was told that it would still be and hour or so, so the nurse talked to the doctor and asked if her would admit her for the night and do the surgery the next day and he said yes, so they admitted her for the night. After she was ensconced in a room on the 4th floor and I went home. I arrived at home about ten-thirty and I was not a happy guy.
I was back at the hospital at eight and they were doing the procedure. It took about three hours before she got back to her room. I made a vow that I would do anything to keep from going to St. Mark's ever again. We came home and she had a good rest. This morning (Friday) we were at the dialysis facility shortly before at eight-thirty ( Jeri asked to be moved to the early morning) and had a good session. The rest of the day was about normal.
Oh, Lee came by and visited for awhile and took our laundry, she will have a couple of busy hours before she gets that done.

1 comment:

  1. well, i don't know what happened to your computer or what judd did to fix it, but it is GREAT to have you back online...the internet has missed you for a few days :)
    Give mom a hug and a kiss for me!!

    ReplyDelete