Friday, March 27, 2009

This morning I'm listening to some great music that I recorded decades ago; right know it is Cool Water. They don't make music like that any more, which is not a good thing.

Yesterday was a very interesting day to say the very least. Mid-morning Jayci called to ascertain if Jeri and I could come to 7100 South and retrive her after she had surgery on her jaw to correct a problem with one of her teeth, and of course being two of those doting grandparents we were soon on our way, however, we had to clean a couple of inches of snow off of our windshield before we left. When we arrived at the dentist's office we discovered they were behind schedule, about an hour, so Jeri and I had a conferance and decided that Jeri would take our pickup and go to Jaycie's and I would wait until she was through with the agony and then I would take her home. Well, after 2 hours we were on the way to Woods Cross, and because of the anthsetic Jayci was as loopy as any can be. After Jayci was safely enconched in her car I drove her home. She slept all of the way home and as we intered her driveway her phone rang and she tried to talk to Dan but she was not making in sense so Lee, along with her mother was helping Jayci to amble into her house. After she was safely setteled on her couch I Walgreen's to get some meds for her; after I was informed that it would take 45 minutes I went home and made a loof of bread and then to Great Harvest Bakery and bought some bread for Lee. And of course I stopped at Walgreen's and picked-up the meds and then went to Jayci's and she was still asleep. Lee called later in the evening and she still wasn't making any sense. But that is just as it is with Jayci.lol Oh, by the way, the loaf of bread I made was excellent as it allways is.:)

Then in the evening we watched some basketball on TV but then, anyone who knows Jeri very well will not surprised at that happening.

Today it is not snowing but is rather chilly; in the very low 30s. I'm hoping that Spring will be here soon. If there is anything of good report I shall fill you in, and if you need any guidance don't be bashful and just ask.:)

4 comments:

  1. Do you make your bread in a breadmaker? or do you put it in the oven? I've never made homemade bread before (sweet rolls? yes; pie? yes; bread? no) and would love to learn. Maybe sometime you could teach me? pretty please? My stomach was growling when I read about your homemade bread. Never tried it, but it got my stomach growling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother made all of the bread we ate when I was living at home. It was great treat to have 'boughten bread' once in a while.I made the bread from scratch if you don't count the bread-maker. I can't think of why anyone would not use a bread-maker, and yes there is a few tricks I have learned 'over the years' that I would enjoy showing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way the munch-mouths around this house I have to make bread three times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the bread you made for us when you stayed here. Mike has all the luck! :) Hey, and thanks for helping me with Jayci and the cars, etc. I think she is doing a lot better thinking wise, but she is still in pain.

    ReplyDelete