Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Well I think this might be a excellent time to share the year of 2008. In January I went to Dr. Samuelson to have him to take a look at my knees; he was really eager to get the job done. He showed me some X-rays of my knees and pronounced both of them needed to be replaced, however, I decided that I would do one and see how the worked. I decided that I would have it done in April after the snow was through kissing the ground; we made an appointment for April 21st. We now go to the month of March. Jeri and I left Salt Lake the first week of March and drove to Hamilton, Montana. During the four weeks we were there it snowed every night except three; now this gives you a hint of how my year went from there. As were were coming home, over Lost Trail Pass it was snowing and we were behind a snow plow all of the way to Wisdom and the road was snow packed all the way to Dilion and then it was clear sailing to Salt Lake City. I settled myself down and waited for the 21st of April. I had to be at the LDS Hospital at 6:00 AM. I was up and outa my bed about three-hours after the old knee was gone and I had a new one. That afternoon I was up and at'em mid-afternoon doing the exercises that would make it so I could walk again; that was when I decided the therapists' were a bunch of Nazis'. Two days later I was at Mike's and Patrice's place trying to put my life back together again.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a quick year in review! Glad you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn those Nazis! Are you going to have the other knee done this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not going to have the other done ever!! Unless it gets much worse than it is know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have ALL my empathy and sympathy...especially now! ;)

    ReplyDelete