Friday, July 24, 2009

I was up a few minutes before six and had the water running on the west side of the house. While it was running for the next three hours I was working and playing on the computer; at nine I shut the water off and then hooked up the hose and washed all of those pesky leaves that fall from the city's trees off of the driveway, which takes a lot of time and I was drenched from the waist down and had to change some clothes and I parked my house slippers on the porch; yes I was wearing my house slippers. The water didn't hurt them like it would have my shoes. I then made a trip to Smith's for some viands so Jeri and I could eat breakfast. When I got back I discovered the Judd had taken my parking place, which is not a good thing and he and Mike had not moved the garbage cans to the curb and the crew was picking up today and a lot of people didn't have their garbage at the curb; I think they will come back tomorrow and pick up the ones they missed today but then I have been wrong a time or two in my life. I did fifty lines of indexing, which is 700 entries plus manipulating the forms around and when I pushed the button to send it to FamilySearch I punched the wrong icon and off it went into never-never land and I had to do it all over again. I bet I double check from now on. It is still really warm here in Zion, and speaking of Zion. I can't express my gratitude to those people who made the trek across the prairie all those years ago, and a lot of them were our ancestors; they really sacrificed so much for me so my, and your, life would be much better than theirs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. It sounds like you had a busy day. Did you end up being able to see any fireworks last night or tonight? I am sorry about your entry disapearing! It is great that you do all of that work. Love you and chat with you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My van was covered in those leaves the other day. Do they shed all year? Weird!! I'd tell Judd he couldn't park there and give him a ticket next time! lol

    ReplyDelete