Monday, June 29, 2009

This post will cover Thursday through Sunday.
Thursday was almost a regular day for me. I arose about seven and did my usual thing of applying heat to my back and knee and then I had breakfast which consisted of a bowl of granola and maybe a cookie.:) I then checked the Internet to see if there was any news from Utah and there wasn't any I was interested in. After Jeri and I had sufficient rest we packed our bags, and placed some of them in the pickup along with the boxes of granola, for the move to the reunion area, which is about 20 or 30 miles up the road to Lost Trail Pass. This didn't take very much time. I then I did what I do best, and Jeri used up some time on facebook, which is a good thing for her, and for me, she reads to me the comments that people post on facebook and this kind of keeps me posted on things that my family and friends are doing. Terry and Joan came home early and prepared for the journey tomorrow. It was a good day for me!
Friday morning I arose about six-thirty and sit around until everyone else was awake and then we loaded the rest of our stuff into the pickup and we waited while the rest of the family to be ready to leave; we left Pinesdale about ten-thirty and me wended our way to Hamilton where I filled the gas tank and bought a newspaper while Jeri went next door and bought some treats to give to our grandchildren at the reunion. We arrive around noon and I brought most of the stuff into our suite, and I do mean a suite fit for royalty, it had a king size bed and a TV so Jeri could watch the tennis matches. I also had some of the family take the chairs to the area around the fire pit in anticipation for the evening gabfest. Mike and his family came to Montana on Wednesday and spent Thursday in Glacier National Park and environs and didn't get back to Hamilton until Rather late in the evening. Mike had forgotten to bring Patrice her blood pressure meds so she 'bummed' :) three pills from me. Joan marked the exit that the Utahans should take and they arrived mid-afternoon.
Terry and his family cooked all of our meals and they were also fit for a king, which of course is very appropriate .:) Most of Friday and Saturday was worn away by talking, while the young male adults? were showing how testosterone effects their brains.:) And the really young were having fun playing with each other.
Saturday was almost like Friday, and there was no rain or incidents that would cause any consternation. On Sunday I was up and about before anyone else showed their face outside, which means I was the first one out and about. We loaded the Utah chairs into the pickup and I put our stuff onto the back seat and then said our goodbyes. Mike and his family left at ten; they had to be in Bountiful ready for a Priesthood Meeting at seven. Jeri and I, the Erbs' and the Higbees' left at eleven-thirty. We stopped at Roberts Idaho for gas and then Jeri and I were on our way home; the Higbees' and the Erbs' stopped in Pocotello for food. We arrived in bountiful shortly before six; it is marvelous how fast you can cover ground at 74 miles per hour. Because of the stop to eat Josh had to stop at Christophe's to get some clothes so he would be dressed-up for the ordination of Christian; Mike did the ordaining and did a really great job. Chris is ready to go on a mission, all he needs now is to get his 'call'.
The reunion was marvelously done by the Pinesdale bunch and I give them all of the credit for a wonderful time and for the wonderful time we had in Montana. The consensus is that we will probably go to Island Park in Idaho next year; I think that would be really good. Well that is about all for the reunion.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had such a good time. It really was so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ordination was really nice. I'm glad we were able to roll into the parking lot JUST in time for Josh to participate. We were glad to be a part of it. I hope you recover from all that fun soon!

    ReplyDelete