Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Jeri had another really good day. When I got to the hospital shortly after eight she was through with her shower and was sitting in her wheelchair in the hall and was ready for a stroll, so we strolled. Shortly thereafter she was eating breakfast, which she kinda liked. She then rested for a short time and then she was walking the halls with me following with the wheelchair.
It seems to me that she was either pushing her wheelchair or walking, and everyone there was rooting her on, or we were strolling the hospital. And of course she went outside and had her wheelchair parked she the sun was shining on her face; she really liked it but I thought it was rather cool so I stayed inside until she raised her arm.
I am still of the opinion that she will be home within the next several weeks, which means I don't know when.
About noon today I got a call from Dr. Rassmussen telling me that the biopsy was positive for a basil cell, so in a couple of weeks I go to Dr. Hansen, who left me just a smidgen of my left, and we shall see how much he leaves of my right ear.
More info tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So glad Grandma is feeling better everyday. I hope she gets to come home with you soon :) .

    So sorry to hear about your ear...hope it is only a tiny bit :)

    Love you both lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're one of the rare men who's ears shrink as you get older instead of grow. :) I hope that he is able to get the cancers out without having to chop off too much of the right ear...but maybe being symetrical is what you're after?

    ReplyDelete