Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jeri had a really good day today. When I arrived at the hospital she was in her wheelchair and was ready for a walk, so I got her walker and she wrapped her hands around the handles and she went walking, and walked over 200 feet.
We then went back to her room and she ate her breakfast and then rested a while before 'they' came and got her for her trip to dialysis. She had a good day at dialysis and then we came back to the hospital and Lee came back also and decorated her room in a new motif and it looks really good.
Shortly before it was time for her to eat dinner, or supper, which ever you prefer, she took another walk and it was as long as the first so she had a good day of walking. And so did I as we strolled the halls of SDCH and the parking lots and the the sidewalks. I told Jeri as we were walking west down 500 South street; "if I turned you loose now, you would be down to the Freeway in a mater of a minute or two and you would be going 100 mph," but of course she knew I wasn't going to turn her loose after 59 years.
I took the bandage off my ear this morning and it looks pretty good to me and I got very few remarks. It seems that people are really reluctant to ask what happened.

2 comments:

  1. I think your ear looks good, Dad. (Temaire's kids are still praying for "Grandpa's little ear"! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would bet that most people don't even notice your ears...i have been thinking about how much i notice somebody's ears and i can't think of a time unless they're really protruding like prince charles or something...:)

    ReplyDelete