Friday, March 5, 2010

Jeri had a very good day today. When I arrived at the hospital this morning she was washing her face and combing her hair, and when she was through with that makeup stuff she wanted to go for a walk, and I mean she wanted to walk so I got her walker and then I wrapped my hands around the hand grippes on the wheelchair and she started walking and walk over 100 feet. We then returned to her room and she ate her breakfast, which was much to her liking.
She then had a short rest and was ready for dialysis and shortly before eleven she was on her way to be hooked up to a machine for three hours, which she tolerated very well.
When she was through we hurried back to the hospital; she was in the bus and I was in our pickup and I won. I was waiting for her when she was brought into the room. She had a time for rest, which also included some sleep, which is very good for her after the dialysis session. After she had the rest she needed she wanted to walk once again and so the way we went, and she walked another 100 feet, which is about what she can do on a dialysis day; she had a very strong walk and once again the staff was making comments about her going home soon.
This may sound unusual, but I must say that she has endeared herself to all of the staff, because she is so appreciative of every thing they do and never complains, and by the way that is why I love her so much!
I almost forgot to mention that she went out side and sit where the sun would shine on her face and stayed about 15 minutes, obviously it wasn't very cold, however there was about five inches on my pickup this morning when I left the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment