Saturday, May 30, 2009

I slept-in until 7:30 am, which is longer than I have done in many days and it felt really good. I read the paper and did the dishes and by then it was almost ten so I meandered out to Costco for some viands; I thought they didn't open until ten but I was told that they open at 9:30 on Saturdays. I did my shopping and was finished rather quickly and moved to the checkout area, stood in line for about five minutes and then was on my way home. I think that was the shortest trip I have ever made to Costco, especially on Saturday. I came home and we spent some more time on the porch and then we meandered out to Rose Park to visit with Lee & Cliff for about three hours, it was a great time spent trying to help Cliff make a loaf of bread in his 30 year old bread maker, which never happened. We then came straight home. I then went to Papa Murphy's for a pizza for lunch tomorrow, seeing as Mike and Patrice won't be home until late, and then spent some more time on the porch; I hope there are porches in Heaven.:)


Friday May 29, 2009

Today was a really good day for me. Shortly before noon I drove north about a mile to Bob Carling's place and visited with them for short time; they haven't changed very much since High School except they are a whole bunch older. Shortly before one o'clock Bob and I got in my pickup and we were headed for Rush Valley, it took us about an hour to get there, I had to stop at some business to get directions to Big Hollow, and then we made our way to Big Hollow to find Dick's place, I finally called him on the cell phone and we were about two houses away from his place. We found him and he really looks like an old man and for good reason, he will be 78 in November. We visited with him for a couple of hours and caught-up on his siblings and offspring. He told us he is still doing 'team roping' at rodeos and has about 16 saddles and five of them have been in the near past. I'm glad it is him and not I. His wife stayed away for about an hour and then came into the room and added some class to the event. We then wended our way back home. It was a great thing to get reacquainted with old, and I do mean old, friends. After I got home Jeri and I stayed on the porch until it got really chilly and then we moved inside. When I left the house this morning there was a whining noise coming from under the hood like it has been since I had the worked on a few days ago, they told me it was a belt noise but I was not sure that was the truth, however, after the trip out to Rush Valley the noise was gone, which is a really good thing.

1 comment:

  1. isn't that one huge assumption that you're going to heaven? hehe

    ReplyDelete