Sunday, May 24, 2009

Saturday: May 23, 2009.

Today was a good day. We bought some Chrysanthemums and planted them by the mailbox pedestal, Jeri said it was in memorial to our parents and we will think of the every time we see the flowers. We also did our special trip through the cemetery that is in our backyard, metaphorical speaking, and we saw some headstones with the Warner name so I stopped and took a look and saw that it was a marker for Don Owen Warner; he was born in Fillmore and the son of Owen Warner who is my dad's cousin and Don was Melvin's friend while he was going to school Fillmore. We also saw Lew Pilkington's headstone, he used to live in Rose Park but he wasn't content to be in modest Rose Park so he moved to Bountiful.:) And to cap off the day we cleaned the upstairs; this chore gets harder as I get older but I do a great job. And of course we sat out on the porch and watched the neighbors water, mow, and other sundry things around their yards, this area is chuck full of old people. Jeri made the comment that our front yard is like an arbor with all of the trees and the porch, which gives us good access for seeing and yet not so conspicuous to be seen. It was a really great day.

Sunday, May 24, 2009:

I arose at six and had the paper read before I had to get ready for church but of course I did get ready and we all went to church. We had a great Sacrament Meeting; the Stokes (he is a counselor in the Bishopric) family were the speakers and they all did a very good job and the rest of the meetings were really good; it is wonderful when that happens. After church Mike made sloppy joes and with some chips and did along with watermelon we had a scumpulous meal. After we finished eating we watched a DVD, 'Taken', which was really good. We then spent the rest of the day doing those things that I do best; for you that may not know what I do best I shall tell you; I do what I want to do the best and that is spitting, whittling and watching and telling other people what to do! It has been a great day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment