Friday, May 22, 2009

Today has been a very interesting day for me. I arose at exactly six a.m.; I hate it when I wake so early but that seems to be the norm. I went to the side lawn and started watering that lawn and I was through in about an hour; I pulled a chair out on the lawn and sit down and soaked the lawn. Later I went to Burt Brothers to see if they would replace the gasket to the oil pan on my pickup but they declined saying they were not equipped to do that job so they recommended me to another place. When I called them for an appointment and to ascertain the cost; they gave me a quote of almost $700.00, which I thought was rather pricey so I called a couple of other places and they were somewhere in that area. Jeri suggested that I call Noa Garrido, who is now in our Stake Presidency, to see what he would charge. During our conversation he verified that I was Cliff Higbee's father. When I told him that was right he said he would fix it for less than any one else in the valley and give me an estimate of 3 to 4 hundred dollars so I am going to take it to him on Tuesday, Monday is a holiday you know. I was planning on going to see Dick Davis but Jeri suggested I might want to invite Bob Carling to go with me so I called him and he did indeed want to go even though he had both of his knees replaced in the last couple of months; he said his recovery is slow and painful but he still wants to go so I called Dick to tell him I would not be there today but his wife answered the phone. I told her about Bob wanting to come with me and that I will call Dick next week and see when it would be best for him. This evening we bought some flowers to put around the mailbox post at the curb, I think they will look really nice. I pulled some weeds from the flower garden and then we sat on the porch and enjoyed the scenery and the activities of our neighbors. It was another really good day.

3 comments:

  1. Glad he could do it at a better price! and you know he does great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sitting on the porch in the evenings. I will have to visit soon and see how comfy your porch is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw AliasRice is Chris and Karen

    ReplyDelete