Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Today was a very usual day for we two people. We went to the hospital and Jeri gave some blood so her INR could be ascertained; it was 3.0, which is not perfect but within the borders, while Jeri was doing this I called Nola and wished her a happy eightieth birthday. We then went to the temple and did initiatory work, which lasted about an hour; this is easier than doing some of the other things because of the lack of control I have over the first three digits of my right hand. We then came home and did some things to get ready for our humongous trip to Millard county.

Friday, May 15, 2009

I crawled out of bed shortly after six a.m., had a bowl of granola and did the dishes. I then went to town and got some money from the magnificent ATM and then stopped at Smith's to get some gas and then washed and vacuumed the pickup. After that was done I came home and we loaded our stuff into the backseat and about 10:30 we were headed for Hinckley, however, we only got to SLC and I had to turn around and go back home and fetch my meds for the weekend, and then we were on our way to Hinckley. We kind of made a mistake and went south on Redwood Road and for a few miles we were in the throes of road construction and it was really slow going south. After we were out of the construction area it was clear sailing toward Highway Six and then it was up and over the mountain at Eureka. We arrived at the Manis's sometime near 1:30 and then we had to go to Delta for Walt to get his INR checked; it was 3.5, which is not too good but the doctors in Delta don't seem to be concered about it and Bonnie thinks she knows how to regulate the meds but I don't have that much confidence in her medical skills. We then went to Leo's for lunch and then back to Hinckley and wore out the day talking about old and new things in our lives.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I was up and about before the other sleepy-heads. About ten, Walt and I went for a ride down to the Bogs, where Dad's farm was. I wanted to see how things looked and the crops looked OK but the area where the corrals used to be was all sagging or broken-down and looked like no one had done any work on them since 1950.:)
We then rode down to where Walt and his family spent a few years when they first moved to Millard County. We then toured the area, and I was surprised at the two new homes that have been built down in that farm area. We then came back and Bonnie & Walt went to a class reunion and Jeri and I didn't. About 3:00 Jeri and I started a tour of Hinckley that took us about and hour and a half; Hinckley has a lot of yards that have become a bone-yard for all sorts of junk cars and other debris. At 4:30 we went to our reunion and had a great time talking to people that I haven't seen in many years. The food was tolerable and the conversation was stupendous! The shindig lasted about three hours and it appeared that everyone had a great time; I think we shall go again next year, If the Good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise. We then went back to the Manis's and talked until 1:00 am Sunday Morning. It was a great day for me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had a good time at your reunion. So, you have them every year now? HOw long has that been going on?

    I love that you don't trust Bonnie's abilities to fix Walt's meds. Surprising that the doctors are not the ones doing it.

    I can't believe that aunt Nola is 80! Wow! Hope she is doing well. How come you are not able to move your fingers? Have I been left out of some loop again? Give the scoop!

    Have a good day! Love that you wrote about your trip. I wanted to know what happend.! Love you!

    ReplyDelete