Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunday, May 17, 2009

We arose shortly after seven and got ourselves dressed and then ate a breakfast of melon and English muffins, which was really delicious. We left the Manis' about ten and moseyed through the hinterlands to see some of the area we haven't seen for several years. When we got on the main highway out of town I set the cruise control on 65 and we motored our way to Bountiful, which took about two and a half hours. When we got home it took just a few minutes until I had all of paraphernalia into the house. We got caught-up on the things that had happened while we were gone, which wasn't much. This evening we went to the church to witness Christian get his graduation certificate from Seminary. They had a very good, short, program but not many young people in the Val Verde State so there was only about 20 graduates. After the program they had some very yummy snacks for us.

Prior to the program we someone told us that one of the councilors in the Stake Presidency was from Delta, so when he came by I asked him if it was so and he said yes. It turned out that he was the son of a really good friend of Melvin's and was a cousin to Bonnie Manis; it is indeed a very small world. Oh, his name Jerry Hawley. I think I am now up to date on this blog; if you haven't figured it out by now this is also my journal. It seems that maybe I have said this before but if that is true I understand that you have probably forgotten by now. Adios for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment