Tuesday, November 24, 2009

As most of you know it has been three days since I made a post; and that is because I had a glitch in the Internet, and Mike and Chris won't take any responsibility so I had to fix it myself.
In the last three days, including today, Jeri has had really good therapy sessions and she is getting stronger every day; she has figured out that she has to do the walking thing before she does any other excesses and that has really helped. She walked 150 feet today, which is really good. And the part I like best is that she wants to get about the work and I believe she has more faith in herself and in those who are helping her. A lot of the people in therapy are old and some of them just wont do much work and they tell the therapists to go away and leave them along, which doesn't do them any good, however, some of them are in thier mid-eighties, the one I am thinking about fell and broke her hip so 'they' had to put in a new joint, and it is hard to be too critical but if they want get back to walking they have to do the work.
Jeri was really 'ticked' yesterday (Monday) at dialysis; One of the personnel decided to pull 3 liters of water and Jeri told her it wouldn't work but she tried any way and sure enough in a short time her blood pressure was way low so they had to shut of the water draw and settled for .7 of a liter instead of the usual 2 liters they usually remove. I bet Jeri doesn't let that happen again.
The temperatures are really freezing cold in the mornings and then warms up to about 4o degrees in the daytime, we have had some snow but very little her in town.
Jeri has asked me to once again to thank all of you who have sent cards and goodies and emails of your support, and I thank you also. It is really great to know we are not fighting this fight by ourselves. So keep those prayers going; I think they are the biggest source of our help!

No comments:

Post a Comment