Thursday, November 12, 2009

The morning session of PT wasn't too good for Jeri; she wasn't feeling very well so they didn't push her very much and she did some work but then went back to her room and had a long nap, which seemed to revive her some. At noon I went to KFC for a twister wrap and a root beer, when I got back Lee was there after being in Seattle for a week. While she was there 'they' came again and asked Jeri if she wanted to try therapy again and she said yes so the way we went and she had a great session; Dom (Dominic) worked with her and got her playing some basketball; she sat in her chair and tried to score from there and she had a good workout and then Dom encouraged her get up out of the wheelchair and do some muscle building things in her legs. While he was doing this he noticed that Jeri was favoring her right shoulder so he touched a muscle on the back of her neck and she said it really hurt so he put some heat on it and that made if feel much better, after that she had a good session and was really glad she went. I will put some heat on her shoulder every morning and every afternoon so she can work on her strength. I can see a difference in her strenght every day.

Last night as I left Jeri I said I was glad that I was there to help her and she said she was glad also, which caused me to remember what I said when she was diagnosed with Mylenoma, which was, don't you dare die before I do, and she said why? And my response was because I think it is easier for the first one that dies than it is for the one left. With that said, I repent of my comment and am really blessed to have the opportunity to help her in this fight. I am pleased that I can do things that help her get better and to make things easier for her and encourage her to fight this thing. But most of all I know it is easier to fight when you have some one helping you in that fight and I am pleased that the Lord had me for her when she needed help. I know that I haven't said this very well but you who read this are smart enough to figure out what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment