Friday, November 6, 2009

This day is the best day of my life since May of 2009! Jeri had a good session at dialysis but was dreading the ride to IMC to visit with Dr. Litton; for you who might not know he is Jeri's oncologist, however she sucked up some energy within herself and and got herself on the bus and the way she and George, who is the driver, and they way they went to Murry. Mike and Patrice and I were just ahead of the bus. We pulled up to the Cancer Center and wended our way to Dr. Litton's office and then we had to sit for a few minutes and then we were ushered into one of his exam rooms and then we waited for many minutes and Jeri was getting tired and a little depressed and said she wished she hadn't come today.
After 15 or 20 minutes Dr. Litton came to the room and pulled out his paper work and told us of all the numbers of Jeri's work up, which I thought he was rather pleased with and then some one asked what they meant and he said the Thalidomide was doing it's work and the Myeloma is almost in total remission and Jeri had the biggest smile on her face that I have seen in a very long time and it brought tears to my eyes. All of you must know that Myeloma is never cured but it can be kept in remission for a very long time. He knew that Jeri and I didn't get the real impact of what he said so he told us in English that she won't have any other regimen beside the Thalidomide for awhile and now is the time for Jeri to do the work so she will get the strength back into her legs so she will be mobile.
When we got back to the hospital Jeri got on her bed and said she was going to go to sleep and sleep the whole night through.
Now you know why this has been one of the best days of my life; I am sure my sweetheart will be coming home in a couple, remember what couple means in my dictionary, of weeks.
I thank all of you for your prayers and concern, and please be sure to keep those prayers going.

2 comments:

  1. Love to you from the rainy place of Seattle!! I started crying in Nordstrom when you called and I haven't stopped crying and praying thanks to God for His tender mercies in our lives. I am so happy and excited for Mom, you and all of us. Looking forward to seeing you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPEE! This is the best news ever. sorry that I haven't been around, I've been in conferences all last week. I tried to call on Sunday evening your time but i went to voice mail...maybe you were asleep already.

    ReplyDelete