Thursday, November 5, 2009

I am delighted to tell you this was a much better day today than yesterday! I arrived at the hospital at eight and she was waiting for breakfast but not with much anticipation; she doesn't think the meals are very good but then neither do I, what ever that counts. At nine we motored on down to the PT facility and Jeri did some exercises that was designed to strengthen her legs but no stair climbing today. I made arrangements with the transportation people to take Jeri to dialysis tomorrow and then bring her back to the hospital so she can change her clothes to go to Dr. Litton for an appointment to see what will be done next. And I am going to pick up a prescription from Dr. Steven's office for Jeri; it is impossible to describe how much we like this man.
This afternoon I took Jeri on a stroll around the facility; I strolled and Jeri rode, which is just the way that ought to be. She really likes the sunshine but she is not very secure in the fact that I can push her up the hills and slow her down on dells but we had a great time; it was warm in the 60s today and 'they' are saying that by the weekend it is going to be in the 70s, which is really good for me.
It is my prayer that she will quickly gets her strength back so she can come home!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jay,
    I'm SOO glad you are doing this blog thing so we can keep updated on you and Jeri.

    You are all in our prayers and thoughts!

    Hollie

    ReplyDelete