Friday, November 13, 2009

While we were at therapy someone came and talked to Jeri and told her that there was a person that needed respiratory therapy so they needed to be on the second floor so Jeri could share a room with this person or she could go to the first floor and have a private room so Jeri decided on the first floor. After this conversation she had, in my opinion, a good therapy session; I really like what Dom is doing for her. As Jeri was doing some exercise Dom asked me if he could ask me a personal question and of course I said yes. He then asked me what kind of trauma my left ear had suffered so I told him about life with skin cancer; of all of the people I have seen looking at my ear, he is the first one that has ever said anything except Dr. Litton.
At eleven, George placed Jeri in the van, and transported her to dialysis for a three hour session, which really drained vitality from her soul, which is a tough thing to witness happening to your sweetheart. When we got back to the hospital the people who moved Jeri's stuff from the 2nd floor to the 1st hadn't placed things where Jeri wanted them so I stayed for a couple of hours helping get the room like she wanted it; the new room is not as big as the other one but when I left Jeri was getting ready to eat and I think her anxiety was subsiding and she was doing well, however, she doesn't like anyone messing with her stuff, including me. I think we may be looking at a couple of more weeks before she is ready to come home, but then what do I know? It is my prayer that she sleeps soundly and long and is refreshed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment