Thursday, November 26, 2009

I HOPE Y'ALL HAD A REALLY GOOD THANKSGIVING!!!
Jeri called me rather early this morning, in fact, while I was in the bathroom getting myself cleaned up for the festivities she called three times and on the third time I was by the phone and answered it. Her message was; "I had a great night and I am having a great morning and I think this the best day I have had in a very long time!" My response was "that is wonderful and the day is only going to get better." When I arrived at the hospital she was ready to get herself ready for the day ahead of us. She changed out of her PJ's and but on some clothes that she would be comfortable in and then we fiddled away the morning until 15 minutes to noon then Jayci showed up to take Jeri to the church in Rose Park where we have our annual Thanksgiving party. A gaggle of grandsons' were waiting there to get her out of the car and into the church but they had to wait for me to get there with the wheelchair and walker, which was just a few minutes after she got there, and very soon she was settled down in a soft chair and was ready for the day. We, Jeri and I, watched the family associate with each other and some of them haven't seen each other for at least six months. Malissia and her kids, except for Eric, who is still in the South doing what he is doing for the Army, Lee and Cliff, Kevin and Becky, Jayci and Dann and Dann's brother, Chris and Karen, Josh and Katie, Maren and Andrew, Judd and Jessie and Riley and of course Mike and Patrice who puts this thing together every year; I have wondered when our kids will decide that they are too old to do this every year; it is a lot of work and effort.
Shortly after we had finished our meal, which was very Delicious, Jeri said she was ready to go back to the hospital; by the time she was settled in in her own Little room again she had be out and about five hours, which is the longest stint in many months, which is a good sign. After she was settled in bed I kissed her good night and wished her pleasant dreams and then came home to regenerate my energy and make this post.
My wish is that all of my family that was not with us had a great day! So with a glad heart that my sweetheart had a really good day I bid you a fond farewell for a few hours.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Uncle Jay,
    I have enjoyed reading your blog and enjoy reading YOU..... I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Tell Aunt Jeri hi from all of us.
    Hope today is a good day also.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad to hear that mom and you had a great thanksgiving. it was a long weekend here too, so i also enjoyed the day with you... :)

    ReplyDelete