Friday, November 27, 2009

My day started with a bang, well not a bang, but with a ring tone. It rang once and then it become a missed call and this was at 5:00 am. When I looked to see who had called me this early and then hung up on me I discovered it was Terry, so being the kind of father I am I decided to wait until he had time to wake up and be coherent so I called him about eight and I told him the next time he calls at five he needs to talk to me; his excuse was he was the driver for Black Friday in Missoula and had to see that five women were where they wanted to be when they wanted to be there, so I forgave him and gave him my condolences.
When I got to the hospital about 8:00 am Jeri said she had another great night and was feeling really good, which is a great thing for her and me. She had a super therapy session and walked well over 100', and then she had a great therapy session doing the other things she does every day. After that was over we got her ready for dialysis and she left the facility about eleven and was doing the dialysis thing shortly before noon. When I saw how much fluid they were going to pull off Jeri I was concerned but I know I am not supposed to make comments so I just rolled my eyes in amazement, and in the end, her session was, in her and my opinion, was a waste of three hours and we are hopeful that has no side affects over the week-end.
On the way back to the facility Jeri's bus broke down and had to be fixed so she was really late, and my journey ended in a bang; as I was wending my way through the parking lot a young woman backed out of a parking spot and slammed into the right side of my pickup so of course I stopped and said we needed to call for a policeman, which I did and he came and gave each of us a form to fill out and then he gave each of us a copy of the other form so we could give it to our insurance company. There were no tickets and lecture; I think the insurance people will have us get a quote on how much it will cost to fix our vehicle and then they will tell us to get it fixed and my insurance will pay for my repairs and hers for her repairs. I got back to the facility just minutes after Jeri did. She was bright eyed and was waiting for food when I left about five-thirty.
I can see a difference every day on how much better her legs are and I am not sure what the lower dose of Thalidomide has to do with it but I won't be surprised to discover it has an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment