Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today was a really good day for Jeri. She was able to get up from the wheelchair and wrap her hands around the walker; she did this several times to build up her leg strength and then she walked for almost 60 feet, and she was grinning that big grin she had when Dr. Litton said the chemicals are working on her Myeloma. I think she has come to the conclusion that she would like to stay, at least through next week at the rehab center, just to make sure she is ready, which I think is a very good thing. Even though it was really chilly today we took a couple of strolls around the area and she acted like she has much more confidence in my ability to push her where she needs to go and can handle the down hill so that she doesn't have a run-a-way wheelchair. She showed more confidence today than she has in many weeks and is pleased with the increase of ability in her legs, which gladdened my heart; I thought it might take more time than this but I will take what I can get.
It was chilly today but no moisture yet but tomorrow it is supposed to rain and the next day 'they' say it might snow here on the valley floor.
Now here is the thing, we can not stop what has made this happen; and that is praying for her!

1 comment:

  1. prayers are nightly and daily and always in my thoughts...so glad that she had a good day and it sounds like her having a good day helps to make you have a good day. I know it must be hard for you missing your sweetheart...I pray for you too to have the comfort of the Lord with you! I love you, dad!

    ReplyDelete