Monday, January 4, 2010

Here it is 6:50 pm on January 04, 2010.
I was at the hospital rather early this morning and Jeri was sitting in her wheelchair waiting for her food but that was a half-hour wait, and then she only ate what she wanted and she didn't want much. After breakfast we went to the therapy area and she had another walk that was really good, but that left her out of steam so we went back to her room and she got on her bed and had a nap; I was afraid that she wasn't going to wake up in time to go to dialysis but she finally woke up and was just finishing up getting ready for the bus ride. I loaded up the little black bag and her lunch and got the walker and loaded them, and myself into the car. I beat the bus by about four minutes and then I took all of the quilts and other things she uses for the next three hours. After she was settled in and hooked up to the machine I gave her a kiss and then I was on my way to Salt Lake City to retrieve my pickup.
I had the idea that I ought to go by way of Redwood Road but I stayed on the freeway, which was a very bad mistake. Some of you might not know that there is a lot of construction on I-15 between Bountiful and Salt Lake and the lanes are only three or two lanes open in each direction but today there was a car roll over in the South bound lane and shut all of the I-15, South bound down to one lane and then they detoured us on to 2nd West in Salt Lake so it took about 45 minutes to get to 2300 South where I had to turn in the KIA and pickup my pickup. I had to wait about one minute to get control of the pickup but it took me over a half hour to turn in the KIA; there was some young guy, maybe 19 years old, that was flirting with the only employee at Enterprise so I had to wait until that was finished then in five minutes I was on my way back to Bountiful by way of Redwood Road. I must say they did a really good job of fixing up the pickup, and it cost Gieco almost $2,500.00.
When I arrived at Bountiful I went to Costco and bought some printing ink for my printer and a couple of other things as well.
After that was finished I went to the dialysis place and chatted with Jeri for about 45 minutes and then she was ready to go back to the hospital. She then had a short rest and Lee & Cliff came a calling and Cliff brought a DVD player so Jeri can watch some videos if wants to.
The weather is just about like it ought to be for me, cold, but a clear Sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment