Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! I know that I am almost 24 hours late but my motto is 'it is better to be late than never!
The weather has moderated and the roads are dry and it is pleasant if you have a jacket wrapped around you body. When I got in the car this morning the only thing I had to do was start the engine and turn on the heater and windshield wipers, which was better than it has been for many days.
When I got to Jeri's room I found her with her fork in one had and her knife in the other; that is an old story that comes from the Manis'. Well, she was awake and ready for breakfast but she didn't really have her hands full, except for me. Shortly after that she got her breakfast and she ate most of it; they give her some sort of eggs every morning, I have never seem some of the ways they fix her eggs and she eats them every day.
After she had a short rest after breakfast she asked Rob, a nurse's aid, if he would help her do some walking and of course he said yes, no one says no to her because she has endeared herself to all who help her. Oh, she walked over 200 feet and then this afternoon she asked the same aid if he would help us again and it did and she did another 200+ feet which was a good day for walking.
She was in Seventh Heaven this afternoon when the 'Bowl Games' started and she will be right there until they are over for the night. I am not as intense as she is over sports but I watch with her because I like to know what is going on in the sports world, if you don't it is hard to have a conversation with most people.
In my opinion the New Year has started in a good way. It was great for me to read my journal of ten years ago; I had forgotten that no planes were flying and no big Trucks were on the road because a good number of people thought that the Y2K problem might make them so they couldn't fuction after midnight. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that she is doing well. I am not surprised that she has gotten people to love her! lol She is just so lovable! :) I hope you both had a good New Years.

    ReplyDelete