Friday, January 8, 2010

This was a rather good day for Jeri. When I arrived at the hospital she was still on her bed waiting for her breakfast to be served. I gave her a kiss and then when the tray arrived I fetched it and it looked pretty good and she thought it was going to be OK.
She didn't do therapy today because it takes too much strength from her; she will do that tomorrow. Her session on the dialysis machine was a good one and without any things going wrong, however, her driver, who was picking her up, was over a half hour late; he had trouble getting the patient that he was transporting into the place where they were going. He told us of his woes and loaded Jeri in the bus and fetched her back to the facility, however, it took more time than I thought it would and I had all of the time I needed to get her room fixed as she likes it and get her meds fixed so she wouldn't have to do that, ain't I a good boy.
I stayed and delivered her dinner and it was another fairly good repast. It wasn't a really good day but there wasn't any things that made it a bad day for her.
When I kissed my sweetheart goodbye she asked me to give her a hug, which I did and then she said something that brought tears to my eyes and sorrow to my heart. She said I want to lie in your arms at least one more time, and I said that is my prayer every night. May it happen, and sooner than later. Oh, how I love her!

5 comments:

  1. grandpa, i am crying my eyes out right now. you and grandma are in my prayers every night. i love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, the greatest gift you and Mom gave us kids was the absolute knowledge that you love each other. I am so sorry you have to be apart now, we pray every day that you might quickly be reunited. What a enrichment your lives, example, love have been to all of us. Thank you for always being that light for us. Hang in there, Dad. We love you and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your strong example and your extrodinary strength and courage. You both are a TRUE example of what unconditional love is. I hope Danny and I can have a fraction of the love and tenderness that you have always shown each other. I know know know you will be in each others arms again--forever. What a great blessing the sealing powers bring into our lives. Thank you for your faith. I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gramps. I am so sorry that you both are going through this right now. The comments above are all so true. We have talked many times about how wonderful it is to see both you and grandma showing so much love, concern and tenderness for each other. You are such a great example for all of us. I pray daily that she is able to come home soon. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandpa I am praying that Grandma gets to go home soon to be with you. You are both very much in our prayers. You are also both a great example of how great love is and should be we can and do learn a lot from you. Love you lots!
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete