Saturday, January 30, 2010

TODAY WAS NOT A GOOD DAY FOR JERI!!
When I got to the hospital the door was shut so I knew she was in the shower mode so I wandered a few minutes and then the door was opened and when I looked at Jeri I knew it wasn't a good day. I could tell what ever was affecting her was not a good thing. When I asked what was going on I could tell by her voice that she wasn't feeling very good and I knew her cold, or what ever it is, was worse than it was yesterday and I know it is the dreadful cold I gave her while I was going to the hospital when I should have been home.
Some time just before lunch some of the nurses decided that she needed some help so they got an respiratory person to come in and see what was the matter. They did an oxygen test and her saturation was about 80%, which is really low. So to make a long story short they gave her some cough medicine and then put her on a nebulizer and treated her lungs with some 'very good' stuff that cleared most of the gunk in her lungs and then her oxygen was up to 90%, which is still a little low but much better. They waited for a couple of hours and then did it again and this time it was almost where it needs to be. I think the plan is to monitor her blood saturation again and keep giving her cough medicine.
When I left I asked how she felt and the answer was that she felt much better, however, she is having a hard time eating the food they present on her food tray so I add some variety by bring some in from home.
It is my prayer that she has a great sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment