Saturday, January 2, 2010

This was an unusual day for Jeri:
When I arrived at the hospital she had just finished her shower and was waiting for her breakfast, it was just a few minutes and it was there. She ate it and it was once again eggs and toast with some sort of meat and she liked it a lot. After she ate she rested on her bed, which led to a short snooze. About ten-thirty they picked her up for her trip to dialysis. She had it today because of yesterday being New Years Day and she was supposed to be there by ten-forty five and she was. It took them a while to hook her up because they had so many that was scheduled early so he had to wait a few minutes and then they hooked her up and the machine started working. There were a lot of visitors there so I ventured out to the car and about noon I got me a sandwich and a drink. When I got back I took my post by her side and we watched a football game; of course we did, it is Bowl time.
When I thought it was time for her to be finished I strolled into the area a checked the time and she still had over a half-hour to go, which I thought was odd. And Rob was waiting with the bus to take her back to the facility but he was very patient. After a while Jeri and I were talking and Dave, an employee, came by and we mentioned that it seemed like a long time for her to be on the machine so he and others inspected the logs and sure enough she had been on the machine almost three hours and a half. There wasn't much concern by anybody because they only took off the amount of liquid they programed in at the start, and Rob wasn't concerned because he had to wait.
After we got back to the facility she rested and I finished reading the newspaper, we talked for a while and then I came home and am writing this tome.
Good night and sweat dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment