Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Today was not a very good day for Jeri. She had to get on the bus at six this morning and be at Saint Marks Hospital by seven so the implantation of the fistula could start at eight. The check-in procedure took three times longer than it should have; it took the nurse two hours to put Jeri's med records in the computer, I know she takes a lot of meds but others have done it in a half hour or so. And the doctor took more time on implanting the fistula and that set us back and then Jeri had a hard time coming out of recovery so that slowed us down. The transportation to dialysis had to be modified some and that took some more time; to make a very long story shorter I will say that we were two hours late for the dialysis and the doctor said it was alright because he had a special deal with them and they would still do the treatment and they did but only two hours instead of three but that was ok with Jeri, and they did get all of the liquid off her body that they wanted so things did work out. I am glad that the fistula is implanted but that cannot be used for 12 weeks, which means that I was wrong on the information I put on the blog last night. You will have to figure out what I said that was wrong.
There will be more info tomorrow; it has been a very long day for me. I awoke at 4:00 AM and couldn't go back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get a good night's sleep. See you tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete