Friday, December 25, 2009

I asked Jeri this morning how she was feeling and her response was, "I had a really good night and I am feeling great this morning." We talked and I read the paper and we watched a little and I do mean a little TV this morning and then about eleven-thirty we started getting ready to leave the facility for the Higbees' and arrived there shortly after twelve and some of the younger guys got Jeri out of the car, by the way we used the rental we have, and then into the house and settled her into the premier chair of the room and then we waited for everyone else to arrive. They all arrived by the appointed time and then we started to get down to the main reason we were together; that was to get caught-up on what was going on each others' lives.
Sometime during mid afternoon the gifts were presented and there were more than enough, well that is my thought but I think some might not agree. :) Josh and Katie left early because they were headed for Las Vegas for the night and then on to California to visits Katie's family for a week or so.
Some time around five Jeri and I decided it was time to go home so we started to do our thing and then the young helped us to take our stash to the car and then Jeri got in the car and we were on our way home. Jeri said she had a really good day and I could see, from the look on her face, that she really did have a good day and my day was excellent and I enjoyed visiting with my offspring, and I have a grundle of offspring but not all of them live close enough for all of them to be with us.
When we got back to the hospital Jeri was ready to lie on the bed and rest from her labors; it is really good for her to be up and about, it is almost as good as the therapy she does everyday, however, there was no therapy today becouse of the holiday.
I hope all of you had as good a day as we did! I hope ya'all have a really good New Year and you got everything you wanted today that would be good for you. I know I did!!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to have you both with us. It wouldn't be Christmas without you and Mom here. :)

    ReplyDelete