Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just as I was ready to leave tonight, Jeri's Visiting Teacher and her husband came calling and she brought Jeri a bowl of pudding; so I stayed until they left and that was almost seven o'clock. The husband said that when she is ready to come home the men in the neighborhood would build a ramp if she needed it; that would be very helpful
Jeri had a marvelous day; she walked over 400 feet with just three short stops to rest and she did it rather quickly considering how long it has been since she walked that long and she felt good at the end of the walk. After the walk she rested for awhile and then we strolled around the facility and when I say strolled I mean we do it rather slowly so we can see who is doing what and where, and no it is not being a Peeping Tom, however, there is a lot of things going on.
When Jeri got her noon meal I moysed on down to the cafeteria and purchased a really excellent meal and it only cost be $3.25; you can't eat at home that cheap.
I don't know when she will be able to come home but if she continues to improve like she has the last few week I think she may be able to come home by the end of January, now that is just me but the therapist said he can see a very strong improvement in her strength, which is a good sign also but time will tell.
So once again I ask for those prayers to keep coming.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Uncle Jay and Aunt Jeri. I haven't read your blog for awhile and was excited to see things are going well. It sounds like you had a Merry Christmas. I admire the love you and Aunt Jeri have for each other. You are a strong person and an example to all.
    We all had a Merry Christmas in spite of the many trials and concerns we each have. It is great to have family to support and be supported as you well know.... I think of you often and hope the best for you both.
    Love Liz

    ReplyDelete