Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When I got up this morning there were five or six inches of snow on the ground and it was really cold so I bundled myself up with a winter coat, knit cap, and gloves, and made my way to the pickup, started the engine and then cleaned the snow off all the windows so I could see where I was going and of course I didn't want a ticket to the police dance. Now, picture this, I was walking around in several inches of snow in my sandals and my feet were getting really cold but it just tool a few minutes for the snow to melt and my feet got them selves warm.
Jeri had a great day today; she walked at least 200 feet and then had a really good session with the OT people. After she was through with the therapy people she had a rest and then it was time to eat lunch, which was a chunk of dried up chicken thigh, which she was unable to eat so I suggested that we go to the cafeteria and get her something she liked so we strolled to the cafeteria and she ordered what she wanted and it was really good, and she can eat there for free because she is a patient, but I had to pay a couple of dollars for a plate of spaghetti smothered with chili beans, which doesn't sound so good but it was delicious. I think Jeri may eat lunch every day at the cafeteria.
I think it was the best day she has had in a long time.
I was somewhat concerned that I might have trouble getting the pickup out of the spot where I parked, but after I walked in all that snow one more time cleaning the ice off the windshield I backed up and got on the road and came home.
When Jeri has a good day Jay has a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment