Thursday, December 24, 2009

I awoke really early this morning so I got to the hospital about eight but I had to wait for about 20 minutes because it was a shower day and Jeri is more comfortable when I am not in her room while the CNA is in there when this is going on, so from now on I will wait a half hour on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Jeri said she had a good night and awakened refreshed and ready for another busy day.
After she was through with her breakfast we strolled down to therapy and she had a great day walking, I believe she walked further than she has in many weeks, and she had a great therapy session on all of the other things they like her to do. When that was over she had short rest and then had lunch, after lunch Mike, Patrice, Chris and Leslie came to see her and stayed awhile; these kinds of things keeps her spirits up. We strolled around the facility for awhile looking into some of the rooms to see how everyone on the first floor was doing, she was especially concerned about Joan, one of her dialysis buddies but she was still at the hospital getting some blood.
Sometime between four and five o'clock, I think, Lee, Cliff and Josh came and picked us up and we went to Chili's in Centerville for the annual Christmas Eve that Cliff and Scott started several years ago, but of course Scott left and Cliff has kept it up. It was a wonderful evening and I thank Cliff and Lee for the treat. We came back to the hospital and I got Jeri settled into her bed and did all of the things I can do to get her ready for the night then I came home and discovered my ingress to my parking place was covered with vehicles so I am parked on the street and will have to go out later and move it off the street; cars can not be parked on the street between midnight and six AM during the winter because of snow removal.
It was a really good day for me and Jeri said she had a great time today, and she was pleased with the walking.

1 comment:

  1. So glad it worked out tonight. It was fun having some of us get together! lol See you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete