Saturday, December 26, 2009

Today was a very different Saturday than most Saturdays in our lives. Jeri told me that Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday were shower days. Thursday I arrived at the hospital shortly after eight and I had to walk the halls for what seemed a long time while she and the nurses aid finished the job, so today I just kind of fooled around and got to the facility shortly after eight-thirty and Jeri was all through with her shower many minutes ago; it appears to me that I just can't get that right. :)
She ate her breakfast and I read the paper and then she reposed on the bed for awhile and then we got her ready for a session on the dialysis, she didn't go yesterday because it was Christmas, I threw that in for you that have a very short memory. We had to be there by 10:45 am and we were there in plenty of time. She didn't use the facility's bus for transport so I took her in our rental and when got there Lee and Cliff were there to share the time with us. She was hooked up to the machine and then she just sits back and let the blood get it self rid of the liquid in her body as well as clean the blood from other things, and I don't really know what that is but then I don't need to know.
Lee and Cliff stayed and visited with her and I went to KFC and had a meal and then came back and we talked some more and the the Higbees' left, and shortly after that Mike came to visit for a while and then she was disconnected from the machine and we went back to the facility but we stopped at KFC and bought Jeri a meal because she had missed lunch because of being away at that time, and besides that she likes outside food better than the food 'they' feed her.
When we got back she had a hard time getting warm so I got some hot blankets and swaddled her so she would be warm and it worked, and she asked an aid to fetched her a heater and he did, and she felt much warmer. We took a stroll around the first floor to see what had happened while we were gone but it did seem that there was much going on.
I stayed until the brought Jeri her dinner and then I fetched for her and got her settled and then I kissed her good night and told her I loved her and I came home and ate dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day all around! Just wish we could have gotten her to come here and watch football...Cliff needed someone to pay attention with him! lol Love you, Dad. I'll see you both Monday. (Remember we are driving Cliff's folks out to Sandy after church). ;)

    ReplyDelete