Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It is very late for me to be doing this blog but there is a really good reason why, which I shall tell you in due time.
When I arrived at the hospital this morning Jeri had already had her shower, which is out of the ordinary. So we visited until she was through with her breakfast, which doesn't take lone to eat some kind of egg thing and drink a small glass of juice.
When she was through eating and at nine we went to the therapy room and she worked out for over two hours but of course she does her walking first and she did very well and the rest of the therapy regimen went well. When she was through with this she had a wee rest and then Lee came and picked us up and the way we went to IMC so Jeri could make another blood deposit for testing for Dr. Litton so he will know how she is doing when she goes to see him this coming Thursday. And she had another wee nap and then watched some TV.
At five p.m. Mike and Patrice came and picked up Jeri and I and they took us to Hirer's (I am not sure that is the way it is spelled) for a hamburger and and a root beer and then we went to Thanksgiving Point down south of the Point of the Mountain to see the display of Christmas scenes and lights; it was marvelous and a delight to the eye; it took us a long time to slowly drive though the display and it was worth every second. We didn't get back to the hospital until almost eight-thirty and of course we used Jayci's car, she is really generous letting us use it, because it is the only one in the family that Jeri can easily get into.
Oh, I almost forgot to say that I got a phone call from Gieco telling me they are going to pay to have the pickup fixed.
Today was a really good day for Jeri, and of course for me.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time!! Sound like a lovely evening. Happy you guys were able to do that with Mike and Trice. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so miss the lights and atomoshpere of Christmas in Salt Lake City. A few of the neighbors have some lights and decorations up, but not a lot. when looking out of the window (from the 28th floor) I think one can only see two houses with christmas lights on...it's strange to see christmas lights and it feels like July/August temperatures. :) I'm glad that mom had a good day and glad you got to go with Mike and Trice to Hire's (that sounds soo good to me right now) and to see the lights. Pass along my love to mom and know that I love you both and miss you both terribly!
    -S

    ReplyDelete