Thursday, April 23, 2009

This is Wednesday's news a day late. It was warm and sunny day so I went outside and started pulling weeds in the flower garden so The Boss could take care of her flowers. At twelve-thirty we moseyed on down to the Humanitarian Center and worked a couple of hours; Jeri and another woman did a quilt, they were tying not stitching. While they were doing this I was folding diapers and putting them in a stack of four and then I would bind them together with diaper pins; it is impression that they will be sent to Africa for distribution. A lot of people that were there working tried to get my goat about me folding so many diapers but my response was this is just a drop in the bucket of what I did when my offspring were coming to the earth.:) I worked next to an 80 year-old guy that was born and raised in North-Eastern Montana; his wife died 13 months ago and now he is living with his son, which seemed to be working well for his son's family and him, however, he says that his son didn't approve of him going square dancing and other things with a woman he become acquainted with while dancing. He told me that he wasn't sure why his son was distressed that he was going-out with this lady but wondered if the son was concerned about his inheritance, which will never be a concern for my kids. It seems that both of us enjoyed this activity so I think we may go there once a week to help in the endeavor. We are doing well and Jeri is having a great time 'talking' to most of the family and she kinda keeps me up to date on what is happening to out loved ones. I shall post the activities of Thursday later this evening.

2 comments:

  1. You know, Dad, as I started reading this my first thought was, "What a great example you two are to all of us. You never stop thinking of how you can help others." Then I thought, "I should be more like the two of you and go volunteer!" The next thing I read made me laugh out loud!! (The inheritance thing) But, then I thought, "You have given us, through your example, the best inheritance we could ever receive...and money doesn't last anyway! So, thanks to you both for all you have, and still do. teach us. In behalf of your kids...'Thank You!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't have said it better myself, Lee!

    ReplyDelete