Thursday, April 2, 2009

I tried to do this yesterday but for some reason I couldn't get my internet connection connected so here goes a try today. Yesterday morning we were supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow but we only got 6 to 8 snow flakes, which was a really great thing for us because Jeri had an appointment at 10:15 to see what is wrong with her body. She has had very severe pain in the upper body and was concerned if it was her heart or lungs. As is our wont we left shortly after nine and was at the doc's several minutes before ten. After a short time of registering Jeri was invited in to the inner sanctum and she was in there for about two hours when I was invited back in the bowels of IMC where I discovered they were running a test on Jeri's blood to determine if she had blood clot. after I had been in there about an hour it the nurse told Jeri there was no clot, which is a very good thing. Jeri was told that the pain is from Pleurisy; the Dr. then told Jeri that he wasn't concerned about how long it took to recover as long the pain didn't get worse, and if it did get worse she was to come right back in and they would do something else. He said they didn't want to give her any antibiotics, however he did give her a two weeks worth of Celebrix from the sample stash, which saves us and our insurance many bucks. After this escapade I spent an hour-or-so doing a errand for Scooter (Scott). By the way, he called to night to ascertain how his mom was doing and we talked to him for about an hour and a half; I'm glad his end of the line was paying the bill. It was a long day and I am happy to say Jeri is doing much better tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the pleurisy. From what I hear, it's pretty painful. I'm glad it isn't a clot though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie. I remember it being very painful. I'm glad she is doing better tonight. See you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete