Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today is a significant anniversary for me; it was just one year ago that some weird doctor cut my left leg off at the knee and never told me it was going to almost kill (because of the pain) me for many months, and on this day one year later my knee still, on some days, has some pain especially when I first get outa bed, however, a couple of Tylenol pills gets me back on track. I think that it is better than it was before the surgery and I have been diligent in exercising the muscles and tendons so I have good flexibility. Don't get the idea that I'm about to get the right leg done; it will have to be a great deal more painful than it now is. Lee and Cliff just showed-up and drove my pickup away to pick up the trees and other vegetation for the yard and Jeri just left to do her visiting teaching assignment so I am all alone; it will be interesting to see how I will 'wear out' this afternoon. It seems like we have to do laundry often and it is a good thing that Christian is here to help us do some of those trips down the stairs to the laundry room.

Seeing that it is now one-thirty in the afternoon I realized that some very significant things can happen later today, however, it that happens I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't even begin to think how wonderful it must be to be all alone for a little bit of time! That is my dream! lol So listen, I just added a new blog and I am restricting it to family. I sent you a request to be able to read it. Come over some time and see it. I am going to be doing my 'scrapbooking' on it, so right now it is a catch up of pictures.

    Seems weird that it has been a year since your surgery. I am glad that you are not in pain all of the time, but I wish you didn't have any at all. Love you and kiss grams for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you got a new blog. How do I get to it? grams won't let me kiss her so what else can I do for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, I am so mad!! I forgot to get a slice of bread when I was there. Glad it is NOW and not last year. Sorry it was so hard (and still can be) for you.. I'll tell you...I'm not having it done! ;) Have a good evening. Thanks again for the truck! The yard looks wonderful!! Couldn't have done it with out you.

    ReplyDelete