Monday, October 12, 2009

Another day has almost lost its life. Considering what Jeri needed to do today it was a fairly good day. She was supposed to be picked up by the transportation people at 9:15 but we were told that they had forgotten so I pulled the pickup into the pickup area and she got in the pickup; and a nurse helped me lift the wheelchair into the back of the pickup and the way we went to the dialysis center and the guy there helped me lift it out of the pickup; the reason I needed help was because the wheelchair had a cylinder of oxygen on the back of it that wasn't secured very good and I was afraid that it might fall off and maybe knock the nozzle off and we would have a run away cylinder flying around the parking lot.:) Soon after she was in the facility, about nine-thirty, she was hooked up to the machine and away it went. She was on it three hours and she tolerated it very well.
While this was going on Lee showed up and helped me complain about the transportation people but it didn't seem to help. About one o'clock we were back to the hospital and after a while we were on our way to IMC, I love that place, after all they saved my sweetheart's life. She had an appointment at three-thirty and we were on time; in fact we were a little early, so she was started on the chemo a little early. Jeri loves this part because she gets some steroids, which gives her a boast in energy. About and hour after we arrived we were on our way back to Bountiful.
While we were there I called Dr. Osborne's office and made an appointment for Thursday afternoon for Jeri to go to his office to have her pace maker's integrity checked; it is a good thing that Lee goes with us every place we go so she can make sure we are where we need to be when we need to be there.:) When we arrived back in Bountiful Jeri made a remark about how the foot of her bed would not go down to the level of the head of the bed so we said something to a nurse and she got one from another room and brought in for Jeri, and she was very grateful; I have learned during my life that you always catch more flies with honey than vinegar so I am always on my best behavior,:) and of course Jeri is always appreciative of every thing that is done for her.
Tomorrow will be a lot less hectic because the only thing she has to do is have some PT and OT, which will take and hour or so. Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment