Friday, October 30, 2009

I went to bed last night about ten and awakened this morning shortly after seven, which is early and late for me. When I got to the hospital Jeri was eating her breakfast and shortly thereafter I was wheeling her down to therapy. She did really good this morning even if it wasn't like it was a couple of weeks ago, however, it is obvious to me that she is getting her feet back under her, so to speak.
At eleven the bus was ready to take her to dialysis so the way she went and I left about the same time but I was there many minutes before they finally arrived and shortly thereafter she was hooked up and her blood was being pumped through a machine, and that continued for three hours; they removed 3 litters of water out of her system, which is a really good amount and she had no blood pressure problems. While she was hooked up to the machine I went to Del Taco and bought each of us a soft shell taco and some fries, which was rather cheap, less than three dollars. When I opened the sack I could see why they were so cheap; they were really little but tasted pretty good. I asked Jeri if she was no longer hungry and she indicated she would like one more taco so I went to Taco Bell and bought another cheap taco, which cost a dollar and a half and it was about the same size as the first one but this was enough for Jeri so my shopping for food was finished for today. I have been wondering if there is a taco war here in Bountiful. When Jeri arrived back at the hospital she got on top of the bed and said she was going to have a nap until they brought her dinner so I gathered my stuff together and came home. I think she had a good day today.
When I went to the hospital this morning it was raining with a few snowflakes in the air and it was rather cold, 41 degrees on the porch.

2 comments:

  1. Glad she had a good day! Boy, those tacos sound good, wish I had one right now. lol Have a great night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going to say this for a long time but I keep forgetting. Your blog reminds me of Joseph Smith's journal. He always told what was happening and then gave a weather report! ;) You are following in great footsteps.

    ReplyDelete