Thursday, October 8, 2009

When I arrived at the hospital Jeri was eating breakfast and looked and acted like she was feeling well. At nine 'they' came and took her to Pt and of course I went with her; it is really cold in the PT area. She did some preliminary stuff and then she went for a walk with the therapist hanging on to the strap that is around her waist and I was following behind with the wheelchair so she could sit when she got tired and she had a really good walk around the hospital. When she was through with the PT stuff she started on the OT stuff and there was a new person on duty. She started Jeri doing some things that hadn't been done before and I could tell Jeri was not doing as good as she usually does. After the session was over we went back to her room and she had a spell of not feeling very good so the usual things were done to see what was going on but they were not able to get her back to normal; her blood pressure was a little low. And while this was going on the nurse wanted to give her a shot of Lovenox (I'm not sure that is spelled right) to bring her INR into the therapeutic range, I wanted more info so I asked the nurse what her INR was and it was 1.3, which is too low so I stopped talking and let the shot be given.
She ate most of her lunch so she can get the minerals that she needs and then we (Jeri, Lee, Terry and I) headed for the Cancer Center (CC) for her chemo. When we got there she was given some liquid to drink and then she started feeling better and as the day wore away she kept on getting better. The nurse at the CC said she needed more liquid in her system, which is not what the dialysis people said but I think we will go with the drinking of more liquid.
As the nurse was putting the line in her vain she drew a vial of blood to be analyzed. When the treatment was over the nurse gave us a copy of the results and they were wonderful; the kidney function was very improved as were the red blood cells, which indicates that the chemo therapy is working, which is a very good thing. After we arrived at the SDCH the nurse told Jeri she should drink more liquid and talk to the dialysis people tomorrow. The day started pretty good and then turned crappy and then finished with a bang; she was doing really well when I left at six-thirty. My hope and prayer is that she will be able to come home soon but not before she is ready.

3 comments:

  1. That is our prayer, too, Dad. Terry is going to dialysis with you so I'll see you Saturday. Hope tomorrow is a great day for both of you. I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that she was able to bounce back and have a good day afterall...maybe the moral of the story is that OT=bad? :) I wish that I could be there with you guys to help out but I'm sure that you and mom don't need the added stress of me not being able to eat because I don't have a job. :/ I love you both very much and continue to have you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry she had a bad morning, but so glad that her day got better. I am thrilled that the chemo is working! Yay!!!! Hope the weekend is good for both of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete