Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I didn't go to bed until almost eleven last night so I didn't wake up until seven, which is not enough sleep for a busy fella like me. When I left the house this morning the temperature was 31 degrees, which is right down chilly for October 28. When I arrived at the hospital Jeri was eating breakfast and it looked pretty good to me and she said it was. She also said she had an excellent night. I wheeled her down to therapy shortly after nine and she worked for over an hour and did really well. While we were there the lady from the Business Office to talk to us about Jeri going home and I expressed my opinion that she need the rest of the week and all of next week, however, she said the insurance people say that she doesn't need to be in the hospital after this week. I talked about the numbness in her legs especially her right one and the therapist agreed with me and then the business lady talked to the therapist and the therapist agreed with me, which kind of irritated the business gal a little and she then said she used the therapy records that she was walk hundreds of feet without any difficulty I said that was two weeks ago and her legs are not like they were then; so the lady talked to the therapy people and they said they would send her the newest information. The lady said she would talk to the insurance people and see if they will extend the time with the new information and then she said I will call and tell you if they won't extend; and then I said, "does this mean that if I don't hear from you today that they have extended the time?" And she said yes, and she didn't call so I think Jeri will leave SDCH on the ninth of November.
Jeri had a good session on the dialysis machine and she didn't have any blood pressure issues; it must be the pill that they gave her. When we got back to the hospital Jeri laid on her bed and shortly said;"Jay, you might as well go home because I am going to sleep for awhile so I gathered myself to gather and came home. I pray that tonight will be as good as last night.
When I got home it was 43 degrees, which is much to early for such cold weather.

1 comment:

  1. if mom has to stay in the hospital for another week I am sad for you because I know how much you want her to be home...but also happy for you because I know how much you want her to feel better and to have a good quality of life. it is good to hear that mom is having a much better time with the dialysis and also sleeping and what-not at the hospital...i pray that they can figure out what is going on with her feet/legs and can get her whole body working properly again. I love you both...please pass along my love to mom!!

    ReplyDelete